Taj Mahal is one of the most prominent Mughal architectures present in modern India. It was built by Shah Jahan in 1643 to honour his beloved wife Mumtaz Mahal, as even after years it is believed to be the tomb of love and togetherness. However, it’s white marble walls have started turning yellow due to the ever – increasing pollution levels in and around its premises. The Yamuna River that flows nearby is affecting the Taj Mahal with its polluted waters, while the industries present around the region are also proving to be a major cause of taj’s stained walls. Hydrogen sulphide rising from polluted Yamuna and sulphur dioxide emitted from industries are blamed to be the reason behind Taj Mahal’s rapid erodification over the years.
The rapidly increasing pollution has impacted the Taj Mahal in more than one disastrous way for more than over a decade. Toxic gases and substances harm the monument by yellowing its walls and reducing the beauty and longevity of the white marbled architectural wonder. The monument is corroding as officials have started implementing solutions to preserve this ancient monument of marble. These measures have come to be after environmentalists and even common people put up a tough fight against these polluting companies.
Some solutions implemented by the higher court are:
• Tourists and travellers should park their personal vehicles about 4km away from the actual monument.
• Supreme court has banned the formation of any new industry around 10 km around of Taj Mahal.
• The companies that already exist in its vicinity are issued with a no pollution notice so that they do not reduce harmful pollutants in the air.
• Use of cleaner fuels like CNG and LPG is encouraged
• Keeping a 500m periphery around Taj Mahal that is free of all forms of litter.
• Encouraging tourists and travellers to engage in sustainable practises when in Taj Mahal’s premises
Impaac Foundation is a non-profit, technology-driven crowdfunding, social networking platform which focuses on bridging the gap between the people who are looking for help & the people who are willing to help. We are building a social community that depicts the values of social responsibility & help anyone, anywhere, anytime. We provide viable solutions to NGOs for different causes to run their system smoothly & effectively with non-profit intentions.
•Truly NO Charges