Dr. Abdul Kalam worked with India’s two main space research organizations – DRDO and ISRP, as an aerospace scientist. He has done development of the Indian ballistic missile and launch vehicle technology. Hence, ‘The Missile Man of India’.
A role model is someone from whom we get inspiration and aspire to be like them. Dr. Kalam has been a role model for many not just because he became President of India; but also he dedicated his whole life to the country and its people and especially children in school, That’s why World Student’s Day is celebrated on 15th October every year on the birthday of Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.
Here are some things you may want to know about Dr. Kalam:
- Kalam used to sell newspaper at the age of 5 because of his family’s financial conditions.
- He missed an opportunity to become a fighter pilot in Indian Airforce because he was 9th on the list and only first 8 were selected.
- He was honored with doctorated by more than 40 universities.
- Kalam was frisked twice at the airport in New York for explosives.
- When asked by a journalist how he wants to be remembered, he simply said ‘ as a teacher and then as any other person…’
- Kalam was a vegetarian even if he was a Muslim.
- He is the first unmarried President of India.
- He donated his presidential salary to charities.
- Kalam refused to sit on special chairs during any events.
Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam started his career selling a newspaper and became President of world’s greatest democracy
I like this website so much, saved to fav. “Respect for the fragility and importance of an individual life is still the mark of an educated man.” by Norman Cousins.
I think this is one of the most important info for me. And i am glad reading your article. But want to remark on few general things, The website style is great, the articles is really great : D. Good job, cheers